With this growing and disastrous pandemic, we all got cooped up in our houses to remain
safe. With no place to go, even the studies and jobs began from our own comfort space, our
As we all know, in March 2020 as the novel Coronavirus became a global pandemic, all
educational institutions had to shut their doors to keep safe which forced the students and
the teachers to this universal shift to distance learning.
The facts and figures show us something like this: (Learned through surveys)
- More than 6 million students around the globe are pursuing their higher education through online courses.
- 85% of students think and agree that online learning is better than the traditional classroom experience
- More than half of the total students enrolled in online courses are taught exclusively through distance learning.
This seemed like a temporary, emergency solution to continue with things without a stop and
taking advantage of the technology, though it proved disruptive for students, teachers,
parents, and all the people involved at first. But now it has become a new normal, looking at
the worsening situations.
What is more feasible than sitting in your own homes, in comfort, and studying without
getting ready, and traveling to the School, University, College, or Tutions? With less to worry
about, it’s easy to focus only on education.
One can manage his study pattern according to his schedule, with easy and flexible
timetables. Distance Learning has become a lot easier. You can study from the Universities
and Colleges of any country around the globe, staying in your home country itself!
Many students have been shifting their courses from on-campus to online studying, for a
long time which is continued and every student nowadays is habitual to it.
There are some points that one should keep in mind regarding Online Learning and Teaching as well:
- It will require a peaceful environment and proper study space.
- Concentration is important.
- If the teacher is not standing on your head, it doesn’t mean it’s unnecessary to write,
learn, and comprehend. Do that daily, so that you don’t lack behind.
- It will be easy for a student if the tutor responds and resolves problems in time.
- And it will be easy for the tutors if the students pay attention, ask questions, and
remain attentive. It is a two-way path.
Do you know you can get hold of many other things rather than just studying, by this
method? It saves a lot of time and energy. Which you can devote towards your family, if you
want to do a job, or fulfill other commitments. Adjust your homework and other assignments
as per your schedule, do not rush to complete or submit. There is no need to put a hold on
working towards your career, carry it forward without any barriers. Get the best of both
So? What do you think, it’s easy this way or the traditional way? Cause for very obvious
reasons, it’s not easy to leave something you’ve been doing for years and jump onto
something different and new, but what if that different and new brings in a lot more
opportunities and growth your way?